Follow our live Twitter coverage of a special session on technology, social media, and mass-participation on Thursday, January 24 at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Recent developments in mobile and social technology—combined with the emergence of mass participatory models in business, media and politics— are rapidly changing citizen expectation about empowerment, democracy, choice and engagement— not just in the North, but globally.
What do world leaders think about this emerging trend? And what should they know about how people power is shaping your world?
Join us on Twitter @Global_Convo Thursday, January 24th at 7:30 AM CET (1:30 AM EST) for live, behind-the-scenes coverage of this special session at The World Economic Forum.
- Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
- Jeremy Heimans, Co-founder and CEO, Purpose
- Gordon Brown, US Special Envoy for Global Education, Former Prime Minister of the UK
- Arianna Huffington, President and Editor -n-Chief, Huffington Post Media Group
- Salil Shetty, Secretary General, Amnesty International
- Mark Suzman, Managing Director for International Policy and Programs, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Henry Timms, Deputy Executive Director, 92Y
We want to hear from you: Where is people power at work for social good in your community? Tweet your replies to @Global_Convo using #PeoplePower and #SocialGood.